Tuesday 2 October 2012

staple.

Sportsgirl white shirt // Chicwish shorts // Topshop belt // Miu Miu bag

Nothing beats the versatility of a simple white shirt. It's pretty much a staple in my wardrobe so it's no wonder that I have collected a huge quantity of white shirts in different cuts and materials. Recently I've been trying to cull my wardrobe to make it more 'capsule' and it has been eye-opening to see the sheer amount, of what is essentially the same time of clothing in my closet when in reality I only ever see to reach for my Bassike white tees and Equipment silk shirts. I hate myself for my need to collect staples, it really undermines the whole idea of having an essential item that I can always reach for when I collect too many of the same "staple". 

I've really been trying to not buy anymore 'repeats' and just concentrate on being pieces that will last, even if it means splurging a little bit. But somethings, it's hard to draw the line between when it's an appropriate splurge (i.e. when I will get lots of wear out of it) or an inappropriate splurge (i.e. when I think I'll wear it everyday from now and until forever but never do). Which is why I've decided to sell some of things on ebay, wish me luck!

x k

2 comments:

  1. I love the skirt! A white shirt is a great staple item! It's always hard to stop from a good old splurge, but it pays out in the end buying quality over quantity. Your wardrobe ends up being so much more treasured! xx danii

    http://ecobirdstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute skirt!

    http://www.ecemakar.com/

    ReplyDelete