Tuesday 6 November 2012

wish i'd bought KENZO TIGER SWEATSHIRT

image source: google & mortarna of the intersection paddington 

Perhaps this section should be changed to "wish i could get my hands on..." because "wish i'd bought" gives the impression that I had a chance to procure it. That is decidedly false. There was not even a chance that I was going to get my hands on this sweater/sweatershirt/jumper. At one moment, early one Friday morning, the grey version was available on the Kenzo website for a millisecond; but alas, they only ship within Europe. Just when we thought we conquered the fear of overpriced shipping or shipping restrictions from the US, it hits us from the other side of the world. 

Many people have suggested more wallet-friendly alternatives from the likes of Asos, Topshop and Wildfox (who has an amazing velvet alternative). But it just doesn't feel the same. The Kenzo sweatshirt, with its rancid green colour and boxy shapes reminds me of the jumpers we used to wear at school during sports days (my house colour was green). I like it for its nostalgic values and its loud and unapologetic branding. I love the infinite amount of outfit inspiration that can be found online. I love that it would look even better with a few dirt smudges and over-stretched cuffs. I love that it would be the perfect statement piece for those days that don't really require a statement piece. It's all very Wang- but with colour. 

If anyone knows where I can get my hands on you, let me know! (exemption: no over-priced ebay auctions please, I'm not that desperate yet.)

x karen

No comments:

Post a Comment