Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day & Night

Day & Night

Mr Wang is someone who knows a thing or two about pulling at your heartstrings. He does it on a bi-annual basis for me, every time I see new Wang shoes, my hearts mirrors arrhythmia-like symptoms. There is a quite reek of desperation every time I catch eyes with his creations. If my wardrobe is anything to go by, I'm quite sure his shoes are my kyptonite. I've been very good at controlling my self against his shoes for the longest time (admittedly, the longest time in fashion years in reality is probable a season and a half). I've told myself on multiple occasions that I need to focus on the classics, beyond the gravity-defying knee strap, or that I need to invest in those with higher return (which is just a fancy way of saying less unwearable heels).

The point is, if I start buying everything Mr Wang produces in way of shoes, where do I stop? How will I store them all? How will I finally buy my Louboutin classics or Jimmy Choos? But there's something different about this pair of boots, The Audrey (isn't there always?). It has the subtle charm of a pointed toe enclosed in flawless leather reminiscent of the boots my mother wore growing up. It's all the goodness in the world rolled together; the perfect classic black boot with the delicate so sexy it's smoldering ankle strap. It shoes were a man, the Audrey would be Hugh Jackman; classy yet sexy and it'll only get better with age. 

 x karen

6 comments:

  1. Obsessed with this day to night collage and those jeans looks so perfect!

    xx Lindsey | Complacency Kills

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an excellent and practical pull, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admittedly, those shoes are quite sexy but so classy. Damn, A Wang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous day to night outfits <3
    And wow, those shoes... my heart skipped a beat when I saw them!xx

    ReplyDelete